Prostatitis is a disease that, according to statistics, affects every tenth man. The pathology is mainly diagnosed at the age of 30-50 years.
Many men are embarrassed to talk about prostatitis symptoms to the doctor, which leads to the transition of the disease to a chronic form, complicates treatment and turns into problems with reproductive function. It is important to start therapy in the initial stage of the pathological process.
For what medications for prostatitis in men are prescribed more often and considered more effective, further.
What is prostatitis
Prostatitis is a disease characterized by an inflammatory process in the prostate gland (seminal). The gland performs a number of important functions, one of which is the production of a specific ejaculatory secretion that protects and nourishes the sperm. Fluid contains enzymes, proteins, fats, hormones, without which the reproductive system will not be able to do its job normally.
Another important function of the prostate is the liquefaction of sperm, making the sperm more mobile and more likely to achieve their purpose.
If an inflammatory process starts in the prostate gland, its work is disrupted. In this case, the husband feels the characteristic symptoms.
Causes and signs of prostate inflammation
The main source of prostate development is the penetration of infection and stagnant processes in the tissues of the seminal gland. Bacteria and germs enter the prostate from:
- genitourinary organs;
- chronic distant foci of infection with blood flow (caries, sinusitis, sinusitis, influenza, pneumonia, tonsillitis, furunculosis);
- nearby inflamed organs (inflamed rectum), etc.
Factors that precede the development of the disease:
- prolonged abstinence from sexual intercourse;
- wearing very tight clothes;
- alcoholism, smoking, drug addiction;
- frequent interruptions of sexual intercourse;
- damaged ejaculation;
- irregular sexual life;
- frequent constipation;
- conditions that suppress immunity (stress, malnutrition, lack of sleep);
- single or permanent hypothermia;
- presence of chronic infections (bronchitis, tonsillitis, cholecystitis);
- strong sexual arousal, after which intercourse does not follow;
- delayed urological diseases (cystitis, urethritis);
- transfer of genital infections (gonorrhea, trichomoniasis).
Hyperplasia, or prostate adenoma, with a benign course, can also provoke the development of the disease. In addition, perineal trauma is a predisposing factor in the occurrence of prostatitis. These are often seen on motorcyclists, drivers, cyclists, etc.
It should be noted that bacterial prostatitis is diagnosed 8 times less often than non-infectious. The main reason for the latter is stagnation in the gland. This leads to difficulties in blood circulation through small vessels, edema of prostate tissue, increased oxidation of free lipid radicals. All these processes create conditions for inflammation and severe pain in the perineum and genitals.
During the period of deterioration of prostatitis in men, there is:
- increased urination;
- urine may come out with blood impurities, pus;
- mental disorders - irritability, lack of sleep, anxiety;
- violation of the process of urination - can be difficult, painful;
- pain in scrotum, rectum and penis;
- erectile dysfunction.
With a deterioration, the body temperature may rise slightly.
Pharmacological groups of drugs for prostate
There are the following pharmacological groups of drugs for the treatment of prostatitis:
- Antibacterial drugs for prostate. Prescribed to eliminate pathogenic microflora. With the help of the active substances that make up the medicine, the pathogens that provoked the infectious process are destroyed. Antibiotics are taken in the acute phase and during the remission period of the disease.
- Alpha blockers. Doctors prescribe this group of drugs when it is necessary to improve urodynamics, facilitate urine output in a patient, and reduce the likelihood of the consequences of hyperplasia.
- Antispasmodics. Such drugs for the treatment of prostatitis are prescribed for pain to relax the smooth muscles of the prostate, to improve blood circulation.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs with analgesic effect. Such drugs for the treatment of prostatitis are prescribed for pain, cramps, increased perineum muscle tone, problems with urination and inflammation.
- Analgesics. Relieve pain. Prescribed in the form of tablets, rectal suppositories, injections.
- Phytopreparations. Medicines contain only natural herbal ingredients. Prescribed in combination with medication. Designed to eliminate pain, inflammation, relieve mental stress. They are prescribed both in chronic form and in exacerbation (in combination with other drugs).
- Hormonal medications for prostate. Eliminate the inflammatory process, reduce glandular swelling, normalize the urination process.
How to choose a medicine
The choice of medication for prostatitis is necessary depending on the form of the disease. With a worsening, antibiotics are first prescribed. The sooner you start taking antibacterial agents, the sooner the symptoms disappear and the less likely the complications and the disease to progress to the chronic stage.
If the disease is accompanied by withdrawal of pain in the genitourinary system, mental disorders in the form of nervousness, anxiety, insomnia, sexual dysfunction. In this case, you should take medications that improve blood circulation, eliminate pain, inflammation and mental problems. For these purposes, the following are assigned:
- antibacterial drugs (with frequent exacerbations);
- herbal sedative.
In any case, only a doctor can prescribe medication for the prostate after an examination. Self-treatment can lead to serious consequences, one of which is infertility.