One of the most common diseases in men, prostatitis, occurs for various reasons. In the absence of adequate treatment, the disease can lead to serious complications such as chronic prostatitis, sexual dysfunction, impotence and infertility. To achieve the maximum therapeutic effect, complex treatment of inflammatory pathology of the prostate is performed. Various pills for prostatitis have a pronounced anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, analgesic, antispasmodic and immunomodulatory effect.
Indications for use of tablets for prostatitis
Medications for the treatment of prostatitis in men are prescribed by a doctor after examinations, taking into account the cause and the causative agent of the disease. In particularly advanced and severe cases, when it is impossible to identify the cause of the pathology or there is no time for it, the specialist prescribes medication of a wide range of activity, which significantly increases the patient's chances of recovery.
Pills for prostatitis in men are prescribed in the following cases:
- An acute infectious form of pathology, which was provoked by pathogenic types of microbes, for example, Klebsiella, Escherichia coli, enterococci, Pseudomonas, Proteus.
- Prostatitis in the presence of concomitant genital infections.
- The chronic microbial form of the disease usually develops against the background of inflammatory processes provoked by ureaplasma, chlamydia and mycoplasma.
- A tablet for prostatitis is also needed with a latent course of the disease. Despite the lack of clinical symptoms, latent treatment of the disease often leads to complications, which are much more difficult to treat than the underlying disease. Latent therapy is a good prevention of such consequences of the disease as impotence and infertility.
- To cure non-infectious prostatitis, the doctor must prescribe symptomatic pills.
Prostatitis pills: a list of medications
All prostatitis pills, cheap and effective, can be divided into 3 major groups:
- Etiotropic drugs. These are antibiotics that must be taken to eliminate the main cause of the pathology - the infection.
- Pathogenetic drugs are designed to eliminate inflammation in the organ and reduce the severity of the overload.
- The list of prostatitis pills includes symptomatic medications that are prescribed to eliminate the unpleasant manifestations of the disease.
Important!Effective treatment of pathology is possible only with an integrated approach and the use of medication from all the groups listed, as it is important not only to get rid of the symptoms, but also to eliminate the cause of the disease.
By listing prostatitis pills in men, the list begins with antibacterial drugs, which are the basis for treating pathology of infectious origin. At the pharmacy, you can buy different antibiotics and use them according to the instructions, but this should only be done as instructed by a doctor.
In the treatment of prostatitis, antibiotics from the following groups are usually used:
- The most effective antibacterial agents for prostatitis are drugs from the fluoroquinolone group.
- In case of intolerance to fluoroquinolones and the presence of chronic pathologies of the internal organs, protected penicillins are prescribed. The effectiveness of these drugs is slightly lower.
- Macrolides should refer to the number of reserve antibiotics. They are prescribed only if the drugs from the two groups listed above can not be used due to contraindications. Macrolides are easy to take, as you should only take the pill once a day.
The duration of antibiotic treatment is determined by the doctor and on average 7-14 days. In the acute form, these drugs are taken for 10-14 days, and in the chronic form, on average, 7-10 days. In case of an acute inflammatory process and a serious condition of the patient, antibiotics are recommended to be administered intramuscularly.
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
With this pathology, anti-inflammatory medications are usually prescribed to reduce swelling, inflammation, and pain. These drugs are divided into two groups, steroidal and non-steroidal. The latter are necessarily described in the standard treatment algorithm, as they have the required effectiveness.
NSAIDs are usually taken in the acute phase of the disease for at least five days. With extreme caution, they should be used for duodenum, gastritis and ulcerative pathology.
These drugs have not only immunostimulants but also antiviral effects. They are divided into 3 groups:
When listing pills for prostatitis, cheap and effective, it is worth mentioning alpha blockers. These are drugs that bind smooth muscle receptors, reducing their spasm, thus facilitating urine output.
Careful!To get a consistent result in the presence of prostatitis, adrenergic blockers are used for long courses from six months to a year.
Antispasmodics and muscle relaxants are described as pain relievers. They relax the smooth muscles of the organ, improve blood microcirculation in it, normalize the release of secretions and eliminate pain. As a rule, the doctor prescribes antispasmodics.
Muscle relaxants act as pain relievers by relaxing the muscles of the perineum, urethra and urethra. They not only eliminate pain but also improve urination. The duration of treatment is from ten days to one month.
Herbal remedies and homeopathy
Homeopathic medicines are commonly used not only for treatment but also as pills to prevent prostatitis.
Usually these medicines are taken in long courses of several months. These drugs are more effective in treating pathology in acute and chronic form if used in combination with drugs of pathogenetic, etiotropic and symptomatic action.